Where do you fit in?
Sign into Remind.com
Sign into Turnitin.com
Things you need to do the FIRST WEEK of class:
1. Get a 1 inch, 3 ring binder. THIS IS REQUIRED. You will have difficulty passing this class without it.
2. Log into the US History 2 section of REMIND.COM . (see left) class code is tuttle2020
3. Sign into our Online Textbook Directions given in class
4. Read The American Vision (TAV) chapter 14.tab at left
5. Answer the reading checks that you find as you read the chapters.
6, In the section assessment, complete #1- DEFINE and #2- Identify.
7. Sign into TURNITIN Class code 21854848
US 1 REVIEW- WESTERN EXPANSION AND ITS IMPACT ON THE AMERICAN CHARACTER (1860-1895) CLICK HERE
U.S. History Term Paper Assignment
- The Term Paper is worth 15% of the 1st Semester Grade. It must be submitted through TURNITIN.COM
- Print out 1 copy of both drafts to turn into teacher.
- All work is to be typed and done in the MLA style as described in The Little, Brown ESSENTIAL HANDBOOK.
- Begin with your topic question and your text book. Locate your topic in the index and read the relevant pages.
- Select a topic that interests you:
- · How did the Muckrakers awaken the public to the growing social, economic, & political inequities in the nation?
· How did progressive reforms benefit society?
· Why did the Grange develop in the late 1800s?
· How did the Supreme Court decision in Plessy v. Ferguson affect the Jim Crow laws?
· How did attitudes toward women & minorities hurt labor unions in the late 1800s?
· How did the Industrial Revolution change America?
· How did the Industrial Revolution change the role of women in America?
· How did women’s suffrage affect America?
· Why did the population of the U.S. double from 1880-1920?
· How did rapid urbanization impact American life in the late 1800s?
· How did progressives attempt to address problems linked to urbanization & industrialization?
· Why did the immigration law of 1917 develop and how was it different from the laws passed in 1882 & 1907?
THE AGE of imperialism- Links:
THE RISE OF AMERICAN IMPERIALISM (1890-1913) Things to consider
THE 1890S: REASONS FOR AMERICAN IMPERIALISM
- TURNER THESIS
THE WHITE MANS BURDEN
THE ROLE OF AMERICA: PROTECTOR OR OPPRESSOR?